CIWiL is seeking the services of four (4) highly qualified and experienced researchers with expertise and knowledge in conducting qualitative and quantitative research and policy analysis on gender equality and its relation to political participation, to conduct research in four CARICOM Countries - Antigua and Barbuda, Jamaica, St. Lucia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
1. Prepare of a detailed work plan of the country study to include:
The overall research design and data collection methodologies;
- Use of instrument(s) for individual interviews and/or focus groups of women who participated in politics/ faced the polls in the last two decades to assess the barriers and obstacles to gender equality in political party structures, operations and processes; attitudes to women in politics; and the needs of women politicians – Instruments will be provided
- Use of instrument(s) for individual interviews and/or focus groups of political party hierarchy on gender equality in party structures, operations and processes; attitudes to women in politics; and what needs to be done to advance gender and equality in political parties – Instruments will be provided;
2. Desk analysis of official documents including government policies, political party manifestos, etc. to identify if and how they address gender equality in political decision-making, and gaps and areas for future action;
3. Co-ordinate with other researchers to ensure cohesion with research done in other three countries;
4. Prepare and submit draft country report; and
5. Submit the final country report.
QUALIFICATIONS and Expertise:
- University degree in Social Sciences;
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience on gender and politics;
- Excellent research, report writing skills, communication and presentation skills and ability to operate under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills particularly related to Microsoft Office and other relevant software (Word, Excel, SPSS).
Please click here for specifics of this assignment.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV and an expression of interest to email@example.com by Tuesday 5th February 2013.