The Caribbean Institute for Women in Leadership (CIWIL) is a non-political, non-partisan and independent institution, established to monitor and strengthen the work of increasing women’s political participation in the region. CIWIL aims to create a sustainable, effective and efficient women’s political base, to achieve gender equality, through advocacy, networking, research and capacity building.
To increase the number of women in politics, leadership and decision-making in the Caribbean towards 50 per cent by 2015.
- Promote and strengthen gender equality and women’s rights
- Advocate for transformative politics and policy-making
- Stimulate research and contribute to increasing numbers and skills of women in positions of leadership in public life
- Provide education and training to increase representation of women in politics and decision-making.
- To support women in leadership, decision-making politics to hasten the transformation of politics and governance towards the achievement of sustainable development in the Caribbean.